Welcome to Autumn View Health Care Facility, located in Hamburg, New York. We’re proudly owned and operated by the McGuire family, and we are the only Buffalo-based multi-facility health care provider in Western New York. For generations, the McGuire family and our employees have been committed to pioneering and integrating progressive programs and services that have defined our local health care community.
This commitment has resulted in Autumn View continuously receiving outstanding five-star ratings from the federal government, which rates every nursing facility in the country. To see our rankings, as well as those of other facilities, visit www.medicare.gov.
In addition, for the past four years, the New York State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. The McGuire Group’s six facilities are among an elite list of facilities state-wide that have achieved the top quintile status for 4 out of 4 years (2013-2016), with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone.
We encourage you to complete the online admission application and make an appointment for a personal tour. It’s our desire at McGuire to be your first and best choice. Thank you for your interest in Autumn View.
The McGuire Group Rehabilitation Centers feature state-of-the-art units designed specifically for full-scale subacute and orthopedic rehabilitation and recovery. Our experience in the subacute arena spans across two decades, with an average of 4,000 patients per year trusting us to manage their rehabilitation and healing.
Our services include:
- Hip, Knee, Pulmonary, Post-Surgical and Wound Care therapies
- Physical and Occupational Therapy tailored to individual needs
- The ability to schedule your rehabilitation right along with your surgery
- Therapy available up to 7 days a week
- Activities of Daily Living Training
- Stimulated work exercise
- Stair, Ramp, and Curb Training
- Automobile Transfer Training
- Pain Management
- Intravenous Antibiotics
- Electrical stimulation for wound healing
Our specialized rehabilitation equipment includes:
- CPM Machines
- Electronic Stimulation Equipment
- Parallel Bars
- Pulley Systems
- Recumbent Bikes
- Weight Lifting Equipment
- Whirlpool Baths
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
- Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Our full-scale Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Suite also features modules for specialized training in kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and laundry settings. This environment allows you to learn techniques that will help you be successful and self-sufficient upon returning home.
Visit the Rehabilitation section to learn more.
Making the decision to place a loved one in a long-term care facility is never easy. At Autumn View, we understand the difficult choices you are facing, and through guidance and support, we will help you take the next step. Our philosophy encompasses caring for the individual by providing an environment that contributes to the resident’s well-being and the family’s peace of mind.
In addition to our standard amenities, Autumn View also offers:
- An enhanced staff-to-patient ratio
- Comprehensive therapy programs
- A philosophy of restraint avoidance
- Dietician-directed nutrition plans
- Clean, modern living environments
- On-site pharmacy services
This program is designed for temporary stays of 3 to 30 days. With your loved one safely cared for at our facility, you’re free to meet the demands of your own schedule with comfort and peace of mind. As our guest, your loved one will benefit from the same individualized care that our long-term residents receive. Visit our Respite Care section to learn more.
- Activity Director
- Case Manager
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Medical Director
- Music Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Social Worker
- Speech Therapist
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Community Blue
- Encompass 65
- Independent Health
- Private Insurance
- Private Payment
- Senior Blue
- Senior Choice
- Licensure, State License – Skilled Nursing Facility
- Licensure, State License – Residential HC Facility
- Licensure, State License – Medicaid Certified
- American Health Care Association
- New York State Health Facilities Association
- WNY Long-Term Care Network IPA
- Town of Hamburg Department of Youth, Recreation, and Seniors
Prior to admission, our trained professionals will meet with you and your family to complete a pre-admission assessment form. This information will assist our clinical team in determining if the services we provide are appropriate to meet your needs. Once admission is confirmed, we will work closely with your physician and/or the hospital discharge planner to coordinate a seamless arrival.
The facility is located just off the New York State Thruway with easy acccess to the Southern Tier Expressway, serving the southtown areas of Western New York.