Welcome to Brookhaven Health Care Facility located on East Patchogue, New York. We’re proudly owned and operated by the McGuire family, which for generations has been committed to pioneering and integrating progressive programs and services that have defined our local health care community.
This commitment has resulted in Brookhaven continuously receiving outstanding five-star ratings from the federal government, which rates every facility in the country. To see our ranking, as well as those of other facilities, visit www.medicare.gov.
For the past four years, the New York State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance.
The McGuire Group’s six facilities, including Brookhaven Health Care Facility, are among an elite list of facilities state-wide that have achieved the top quintile status for 4 out of 4 years (2013-2016), with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone. Of the facilities that made the list, Brookhaven Health Care Facility is the only facility in Suffolk County to have been listed for four consecutive years.
We encourage you to complete the online admission application and make an appointment for a personal tour. It’s our desire at McGuire to be your first and best choice. Thank you for your interest in Brookhaven.
The McGuire Group Rehabilitation Centers feature state-of-the-art units designed specifically for full-scale subacute and orthopedic rehabilitation and recovery. Our experience in the subacute arena spans across two decades, with an average of 4,000 patients per year trusting us to manage their rehabilitation and healing.
Brookhaven Health Care Facility is proud to have a unique affiliation with Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center for outstanding rehabilitative care. In most cases, this allows for you to be followed by the same doctor who cared for you at the hospital.
Our services include:
- Hip, Knee, Pulmonary, Post-Surgical and Wound Care therapies
- Physical and Occupational Therapy tailored to individual needs
- The ability to schedule your rehabilitation right along with your surgery
- Therapy available up to 7 days a week
- Activities of Daily Living Training
- Simulated Work Exercise
- Stair, Ramp and Curb Training
- Automobile Transfer Training
- Pain Management
- Intravenous Antibiotics
- Electrical Stimulation for wound healing
Our specialized rehabilitative equipment includes:
- CPM Machines
- Electronic Stimulation Equipment
- Parallel Bars
- Pulley Systems
- Recumbent Bikes
- Weight Lifting Equipment
- Whirlpool Baths
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
- Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Our rehab suites also feature modules for specialized training in a home setting. This environment allows you to learn techniques that will help you be successful and self-sufficient upon returning home.
Visit our Rehabilitation page to learn more.
Brookhaven offers outpatient rehabilitation services for continued healing after discharge. This specialized program facilitates continuity of care while you safely adjust to life at home.
Visit our Outpatient Rehabilitation page to learn more.
Making the decision to place a loved one in a long-term care facility is never easy. At Brookhaven, we understand the difficult choices you are facing, and through guidance and support, we will help you take the next step. Our philosophy encompasses caring for the individual by providing an environment that contributes to the resident’s well-being and the family’s peace of mind.
In addition to our standard amenities, Brookhaven also offers:
- An enhanced staff-to-patient ratio
- Comprehensive therapy programs
- A philosophy of restraint avoidance
- Dietician-directed nutrition plans
- Clean, modern living environments
- On-site pharmacy services
Respite Short-Term Care
Respite Care is designed for temporary stays of 3 to 30 days. With your loved one safely cared for at our facility, you’re free to meet the demands of your own schedule with comfort and peace of mind. As our guest, your loved one will benefit from the same individualized care that our long-term residents receive.
Visit our Respite Care page to learn more.
- Activity Director
- Case Manager
- Certified Nursing Assistant (COTA)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Medical Directors
- Music Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Social Worker
- Speech Therapist
- Aetna/U.S. Healthcare
- Coordinated Care Solutions
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield
- Group Health Inc. (GHI)
- HIP Health Plan of Greater NY
- MDNY Health Plans
- One Health Plan
- Oxford Health Plans
- PHS Health Plans
- Physician’s Health Services
- PostAcute Care, LLC
- Private Insurance
- Private Payment
- Vytra Health Plans
- Licensure, State License – Skilled Nursing Facility
- Licensure, State License – Residential HC Facility
- Certification – Medicaid Certified
- New York State Health Facilities Association
- American Health Care Association
- Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
- Long Island Alzheimer’s Association
- Patchogue Chamber of Commerce
Prior to admission, our trained professionals will meet with you and your family to complete a pre-admission assessment form. This information will assist our clinical team in determining if the services we provide are appropriate to meet your needs. Once admission is confirmed, we will work closely with your physician and/or the hospital discharge planner to coordinate a seamless arrival.
Brookhaven Health Care Facility is within walking distance to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center. It is directly accessible from Sunrise Highway (Route 27) and boasts easy access to the Long Island Expressway and the south shore of Long Island.