The McGuire Group’s neurologic rehab programs are designed to help individuals with diseases, trauma and disorders of the nervous system. As our patient, you will undergo an evaluation that measures your movement patterns, strength, flexibility, functional ability and balance. From there, our practitioners will develop an individualized, comprehensive plan that addresses your physical, emotional and psychological needs as they relate to your overall neurologic health.
The McGuire Group’s neurologic rehab programs offer interdisciplinary treatment, which means your comprehensive plan may include a variety of specialists and physicians, from physiatrists and speech therapists to orthopedists and dietitians. Our team of specialists works together as your support system. We also work closely with family members and friends, as they play an important role in the recovery process.
The desired goal for all patients is to improve function, reduce symptoms and improve your overall well-being. This can be achieved through many different avenues, including, but not limited to:
- Activities to improve mobility, muscle control, gait (walking) and balance
- Adaptive recreation and sports activities
- Assistance with Daily Activities (ADLs) – The McGuire Group facilities offer training areas and full-scale ADL Suites, featuring modules for specialized rehab in kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and laundry settings
- Bladder and bowel retraining
- Cognitive exercises to improve impairments such as concentration, attention and memory
- Compensatory techniques and strategies
- Exercise programs to improve movement, prevent or decrease weakness, manage spasticity and pain, and maintain range of motion
- Gait training with use of assistive equipment/devices
- Help with obtaining assistive devices that promote independence
- Involvement in community support groups
- Neurological re-education of movement and activity patterns
- Nutritional counseling
- Pain management
- Patient and family education and counseling
- Safety and independence measures and home care needs
- Social and behavioral skills retraining
- Specialized rehabilitation services (e.g., driving assessments)
- Speech therapy – speech, language, swallowing, reading, writing
- Splinting, bracing and the use of specialized therapy equipment
- Stress, anxiety, depression management and emotional support
- Therapeutic exercise and balance activities
- Vocational counseling
If you’re pre-planning a neurologic rehab stay, we encourage you to visit our facilities, speak with your doctor and request a WRITTEN ORDER to The McGuire Group.
With six locations, The McGuire Group is dedicated to helping you return to the highest level of functioning and independence while improving your overall quality of life.