Individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia require very special care. That’s why more than 20 years ago The McGuire Group became a pioneer in the development of specialized memory care programs in Western New York.
Our secured memory care units at Harris Hill Nursing Facility in Williamsville and Northgate Health Care Facility in North Tonawanda provide unique settings for your loved one to function safely and independently.
The units feature dementia-specific trained staff and incorporate the latest research and design enhancements, including:
- Architectural details
- Secured entrances and exits
- Visual cues
- Enclosed park-like courtyards.
Our structured Memory CARE programming keeps your loved one active and engaged with therapeutic activities, including:
- Occupational Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Art Programs
- Pet Therapy
- Recreational Activities
Our program goals focus on providing emotional and therapeutic care to maintain and improve the existing strengths and abilities of each person. Special importance is placed on recognizing individuality and contributing to your loved one’s sense of self-worth.
Both memory care units employ full-time social workers who ensure that your loved one’s quality of life is maintained and that you receive the support and guidance you deserve. To learn about our support groups, click the HERE.
The more information you have regarding Memory CARE services, the easier it is to choose the most appropriate level of care for your loved one.
- Secure interior environments and secure outdoor courtyards
- 24-hour licensed nursing staff (to monitor health and medication administration)
- 1:4 average staff-to-resident ratio
- No forced discharge when the level of care changes and/or when private funds are depleted
- Certified Nursing Assistants help residents with activities of daily living
- No added costs for any additional services required
- In–house daily activities and therapeutic programs, including: Occupational and Physical Therapy; Art Programs; Music Therapy; Recreational Activities; and Therapeutic Tasks
- All staff members receive ongoing education about caring for individuals with memory impairments